VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ///DASH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the ultrasound working in DosBox, works fine with Doom, Wacky Wheels, One Must Fall, etc...
And I got Mortal Kombat II working with SoundBlaster and Roland (using Windows Midi though, but What matters is that it accepts Roland in one form or another) But I can't get MKII to use Gravis, it gives me a message like: "Cannot Initialize SoundCard!!":disapproving:

Whats wrong? What makes MK2 different? Its set to port:240 IRQ:5 DMA:3 like all the others? any ideas?

Reply 3 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Install GUS software 3.59 (4.11 have GUS detection error within DosBox if GUS+SB are enabled).
Start Ultramid before mk2.exe.
Enjoy.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 6 of 7, by ///DASH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

found it, in the ultrasnd folder (took me forever to figure it out on my own) but thanx anyways for helping me, now I can play better quality music MKII (now I just need to figure out how to lower the volume of the music, its almost twice that of the soundFX)

Reply 7 of 7, by bouvrie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
///DASH wrote:

found it, in the ultrasnd folder (took me forever to figure it out on my own) but thanx anyways for helping me, now I can play better quality music MKII (now I just need to figure out how to lower the volume of the music, its almost twice that of the soundFX)

Did you resolve the music volume issue?

As for me, I want to play MK2 with AWE32-quality music. But as MK2 can't be forced to detect the AWE32 (emulation in DOSBox is missing), I'm stuck with resorting to alternatives.

Like you I got Ultrasound working, but the music volume is just too much. I played around with the ULTRAMIX.INI file in my ultrasnd folder, lowering levels for MIDI output. Then, running ULTRAMIX.exe should apply those changes, but this doesn't seem to work?