VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Vess

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to use DOSBox with MIDI Loopback for a while... For those who don't know it, ML is a tool that installs a few virtual MIDI devices (http://members.magnet.at/hubwin/midi.html), and, effectively, allows simultaneous playback and recording of the same MIDI music on one system. I used it successfully to e.g. record soundtracks from Windows versions of some Sierra games, and I was hoping I could do the same with DOS games, using DB... but regardless of what settings I choose, it doesn't seem to work properly.

Has anyone tried using ML with DB, and had any success...?

Reply 2 of 5, by Vess

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If I wanted to record DosBox's rendering of the MIDI music to digital sound, I would have done that... as I said, I was trying to record the MIDI events to a MIDI file.

Last edited by Vess on 2003-11-09, 15:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Make sure you select MIDI Loopback as your preferred MIDI playback device in the Sounds & Audio Devices control panel (or Multimedia control panel if Win9x) and then check the "Use only default devices" ("Use only preferred devices" in Win9x) box.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 5, by Vess

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, nothing seems to work so far... actually, it seems as if DB either bypasses the system settings or needs something more than that...? That's because everything I've tried MLoopback (MIDI players, games with MIDI music, etc.) recorded its MIDI events correctly in Cakewalk, using my current MLoopback and system settings, but with DosBox, I only get silence "recorded"... 😒

Reply 5 of 5, by micro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was able to record MIDI output by following setup.

DOSBox0.6 -> MIDI yoke -> Master Track Pro 4

I suggest you try out "MIDI yoke" which provide both native 9x & NT driver (2000, XP compatible).

http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm