VOGONS

Common searches

Screenshots of the current CVS - round 2 (ADULT MATERIAL)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 43 of 72, by jurgen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, it càn be done ; with the more recent cvs versions, on my 'slower' AMD Athlon 1300, I can easily run most of the games at +9000 cycles without overloading the cpu, if you set overlay=true (or scaler=none) etc.,
so on a shiny new cpu at 2,6 Ghz , it should be possible to run dosbox at 18000+ cycles (I suppose)

J.

Reply 45 of 72, by Guest

User metadata

guest: i told you i had a reason...doom competition demos are only valid if recorded with the original .exes, no port demos are allowed. so i need to be able to run the .exes. simple, yes?

and as I mentioned, I only have an xp1700+, overclocked at 1.7Ghz. At 16000 cycles, dosbox uses 97% of CPU. I compiled with cflags -march=athlon-xp -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer and it was noticeably better than default cflags, so if you need speed, you might wanna try that (well, use the appropriate -march, obviously :>)

Reply 47 of 72, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wish i had screenshot ability to prove this but using rpja's cvs build at www.mypixels.dk/forums (you have to become a member and make a few helpful posts to get the build)
runs Privateer... kinda oddly not completely in sync so to speak. Jerky here or there. But It ONLY works in the Debugger version of DosBox for some reason.

I've commented on this as it occured to me on the DosBox Unoffical CVS forums.

BTW if you do go there to become a member. You can use me as a referal.
Same name as on here - "priestlyboy" - no qoutes of course.

Later guys,
Ieremiou

Reply 49 of 72, by almightyjustin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm ok I can get more speed than I thought, first of all the speed varies a lot by game (Tyrian is quite slow and erratic) but setting scaler to none or overlay to true gives a big speed boost in all cases. Have to try some of those compiler optimizations too.

Swim, swim, hungry! Stupid fish.

Reply 51 of 72, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi is definately a few steps closer to working, except for the fact that it now crashes upon trying to open campaign.s00 after you destroy all the fighters attacking the Concordia at the end of the second mission.

wc2-1.png
Entering your name

wc2-2.png
The TCS Concordia in the second mission

Reply 54 of 72, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, it looks like another forgotten gem. I own this game for some time but I have not played it yet because of technical problems (with sound etc.). So I´m glad that it works in DOSBox now.

More info:
fanpage: http://members.tripod.com/~noctrop/
review: http://fourfatchicks.com/Reviews/Noctropolis/ … ctropolis.shtml

Reply 57 of 72, by Guest

User metadata

[quote="almightyjustin"]This should make some folks happy...it's überslow though and I've only tested the demo version (don't have the full). I can't get the sound effects working either, only music. You also need to increase memsize in dosbox.conf or it'll be even slower and crash when you start a game.

could you copy here the dosbox.cfg ? I could'nt made it run 😢

Reply 58 of 72, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Hmm ecstetica seems to be working now too.

Attachments

• ECSTATIC1.png
    Filename
    ECSTATIC1.png
    File size
    29.48 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • ECSTATIC2.png
    Filename
    ECSTATIC2.png