VOGONS

Common searches

Idea for Adlib Gold emulation?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by The_Atomik_Punk!

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey ripsaw8080, I'm having trouble getting your modified driver to work in Dosbox with the CD version of Dune.

I copy and pasted over the default DUNEAGD.HSQ file with your modified one in my DuneCD folder, but when I force Adlib Gold in the INSTALL.EXE, the game refuses to boot; it just hangs at a black screen when run. Is your driver not compatible with Dune CD, or am I just doing something boneheaded?

Reply 21 of 26, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The modified driver only works with the floppy version of Dune. The CD version reads all of its files out of the big DUNE.DAT file on the cdrom, which includes the drivers, and there is no easy way to make the game use modified files.

Reply 22 of 26, by The_Atomik_Punk!

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah, that makes sense. I suppose there wouldn't be much appetite to add Adlib Gold support to Dosbox, seeing as it was only utilized by a couple of games from what I understand. Perhaps I'll give the floppy version of Dune a whirl to try out your modified driver; thank you very much for your efforts.

Reply 23 of 26, by dricks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Download the latest DosBox SVN
http://www.emucr.com/2016/02/dosbox-svn-r3964.html

Then set your OPL Mode for your Dune game to "opl3gold" value.
You'll probably have to edit your frontend or your CONF file to set this specific oplmode.
In DFend Advanced (which i use) you can add additionnal config parameters yourself.

Launch the setup of Dune and select Adlib Gold (it will works flawlessly)
Then open your ears and enjoy AdLib Gold emulation ;D