Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GREAT WORK MAN!!! 😎

Reply 2 of 10, by firestorm225

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks 😀 I updated the performance section, added CD Rom info, and cleaned the post up a bit. I noticed on the website that a new official version is coming soon, yay! I'll be sure to pass around the link on the other forums I'm active on, and hopefully some people will find the guide useful.

Reply 3 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Qbix nicely done.

Agreed. I think we should wait a little for the 0.60 version's release, make a few minor adjustments, then make it a "sticky" thread that will always be displayed at the top of the DosBox forum.

Glad you did this...saved me the bother of making my own.

Reply 4 of 10, by firestorm225

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I updated the guide with better pictures using .60, cleaned up some parts, and made step 4 easier to read with a Q and A part that I can hopefully fill up if more common questions are asked 😀

Reply 5 of 10, by oldguy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Firstly let me say that I am not very good with computers, as you will soon see.

I have many old games I am trying to get work for my grandson, and I am failing miserably.

I downloaded the file called win32installer because I have windows XP version. I double-click on the file in dosbox and a black window appears. I try to type "mount C C:\oldgames" as the picture shows me, but I cant get any letters to show up in black box.

I am sorry if this seems silly to you, but I would love to give my grandson something to do on long winter days.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited by oldguy on 2003-11-27, 01:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 10, by otherpaul

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried to follow instructions for Master of Magic. When I try to run the game, I am told to INSTALL, but when I try to install, I am told that CONFIG cannot be written to. What am i doing wrong?