VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ScreenGems98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Help! now whenever I try to install Windows 95, MS-DOS, or anything, it will never start correctly. I will try to boot it, and it only says "Booting from drive A. . .", and just stays like that. Someone please help!

(P. S., I don't want to use VirtualBox and Virtual PC because I want to make it portable, and they aren't portable, OK?!?!?!)

Alexander

Reply 1 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Installing Windows 95 is not supported.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ScreenGems98 wrote:

(P. S., I don't want to use VirtualBox and Virtual PC because I want to make it portable, and they aren't portable, OK?!?!?!)

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=virtualbox+portable

Reply 4 of 8, by ScreenGems98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Both VirtualBox and Virtual PC show up with errors. They just won't run. Though, DOSBox runs correctly from USB. And Dominous, I always see you talk about it, but of course now you are saying it isn't supported.

Alexander

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I would love to see Windows 95 to be supported but it just isn't. Please fix your posting and hit reply, not akways making a new topoc.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 8, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

:@ScreenGems98
YOU ARE ANNOYING! Learn how to post properly, do not open a new topic every time.

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)

Reply 8 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ScreenGems98 wrote:

I try to download it onto my usb but it never runs

If you are not using the version from http://www.vbox.me/ , that's probably quite likely.

Whatever problems you are having with portable VirtualBox are probably minor in comparison to the problems you will experience in trying to install Windows 95 in DOSBox.