First post, by Guest

User metadata

there should be an option to disable joystick emulation

Reply 4 of 11, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think it would be good to enable to switch joystick emulation on/off in DOSBOX config. file.
There are games which automatically think that you want to use joystick if they find one. And in such case I must either unplug it or forbid its using in Windows (Control Panel).
DOSBOX setting would be better.

Mirek

Reply 10 of 11, by Guest

User metadata

I'm the one who posted the last post. Not sure if this should be in the game specific forum, but I found a pretty ugly workaround hack for my problem: Everytime I want to play Alpha Waves, I unplug the joystick, start up Dosbox, plug back in the joystick, start up Joy2Key, then start the game as usual. It's a bit of a hassle, but I just thought I'd post it for those who want to disable their joysticks while still using them for keyboard emulation.

Reply 11 of 11, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So the joystick emulation is supposed to always be on? Does that mean that any DOS game that uses a joystick should detect a joystick if you are using DOSbox even if you don't have a joystick currently plugged in?

Complete game port emulation in DOS would require 4 axes, 4 buttons, and the POV hat found on thrustmaster and flightstick joysticks. Just thought the developers should know that.