VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by endy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Multiplay over IPX with DosBox, is that possible? I have tried but the game doesn't recognize my ipx network, if I start the game (Death Rally) in windows, multiplayer works. So there is no wrong with the installtion of ipx.

Anyway, does dosbox support IPX lan?

Reply 3 of 9, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I believe that Canadacow is experimenting with IPX support, but I don't know how far he's got with it.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas! My wife is expecting our first baby any day now, so I haven't had much to drink. Yet!

Reply 6 of 9, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, I've more or less completed the IPX networking code. The one downfall, however, is that it doesn't work. 😉 Games like Duke3D and Terminal Velocity can find other systems and connect ok, but when game play starts the games get stuck sending an infinite number of characters to each other. Eventually, I may post the code if I can figure out what's going on any time soon.

Early congradulations on your first child teamster1975! Parenting scares the crap out of me.

Reply 7 of 9, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Canadacow!
We saw the midwife this afternoon, they say the baby is in position, so it could be anytime! I'm not sleeping much as you can imagine! 😅

Teamster