VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Athena

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I installed DosBox 0.74 on a W2008R2 server (used as Terminal Server), in order to run old DOS applications.
I works fine, however the Dos Box Window is too small (640x480) and we don't want to use full-screen (which not change the application windows size)..

I already tried several configurations in the config file (fullresolution=1024x768; windowresolution=1024x768; output=X,Y,Z...) but nothing works.

Is it possible to simply enlarge the window to 1064x768 on this type of configuration (usedremotely via RDP) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you need pure software scaling to get that working. (I once coded that for myself, but the code is rather dirty and not suitable for adding to the main tree)

Although ultimately you should ask yourself the question if you want to use a program designed with gaming in mind to run your applications, while the authors of it strongly recommend against using it for anything other then gaming due to deliberate bugs in the program.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

DOSBox relies on the videocard drivers to do the scaling. (full/window resolution)
This part is seperate from the scalers entry in the configuration file. ( e.g. normal2x forced)

Pure software scaling would be doing the scaling ourselves to full/window resolution.

And with regards to costs. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I am sure you can find alternatives yourself instead of relying on the goodwill of a group of volunteers.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!