VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by salzrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Strange:

if I run larry 1 with "sierra -t" under dosbox 0.6, tandy sound doesn't work (only speaker). under Canadcows mt32-enhanced dosbox 0.6, however, tandy sound works fine, but screen updates don't work (neither in tandy nor in normal mode), which work fine in normal dosbox 0.6.

Furthermore, about fullscreen mode:
dosbox 0.6 gives me "squished" fullscreen modes (because it's 320x200 and the notebook doesn't scale this to 4:3), however under Canadcows mt32-enhanced dosbox, fullscreen is really 4:3 (or almost - if I set scaling to none, it still looks a bit weird, as if there's some rows missing in the upscaling).

Ideas?

Michael

Reply 2 of 7, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

about fullscreen mode:
"aspect=true" is responsible for doubling every fifth line in 320x200 so it is being displayed in 320x240
"aspect=false" will make it look normally, though for LCD i would suggest leaving it true

Reply 3 of 7, by salzrat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I see now why it looks weird with aspect=true (seems to be the default for mt32 dosbox).

But I still don't understand: if I set aspect=false, fullscreen=true, scaler=none, I get 320x200. Now if I do this with dosbox, it's squished (doesn't fill the screen). However, if I just start a game normally in XP, the aspect ratio is correct and I do get nice non-squished 320x200 fullscreen on my notebook display. I'm happiest with the scaler built into the graphics card, but somehow with dosbox I can't seem to get the same effect...

Michael

Reply 4 of 7, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am not able to check it with LCD monitor, but on CRT ones it has to do with timing modes that affect refresh rate. So if there are any timing modes in your video driver settings try changing them.