VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Baffled

User metadata

Don't know a similar post has been posted, but I didn't find one so I apologize if this post is redundant. Anyway...

I've tried more than 5 games with DOSBox 0.60, of which all worked great. Pressed Ctrl+F5 to get a snapshot, I was hoping to get a *.bmp file in the /snaps directory (as it says in the readme file) but it turns out all I get in the Dosbox window is "Can't open snapshot directory snaps", which strikes me as quite odd as I didn't change the directory or anything.

The Dosbox is in the default directory of c:\Program Files\DosBox-0.60
Did I miss something?

I await a helpful reply at the earliest convinience.

*Using Windows NT Home Edition, AMD Athlon XP2500+

Reply 2 of 6, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does the directories exist? Do you have "snaps" and "waves" where you installed Dosbox?
I just tried it myself for the first time, and it's working perfectly for me. I use the 0.60 release and not the CVS. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Reply 5 of 6, by Not Baffled anymore

User metadata

After hours of trial and error, I have found the problem.
The "error" shows up if you use the easy method of "copy" and "paste" the DOS game executable file (e.g. Burgertime.exe) to Dosbox.exe (Note in the readme file, it says you can do that).

But for some strange reason, when you copy-paste it - dosbox does not recognize the directories it's in. Doh.

So, I tried dosbox again, manually ...meaning by typing the standard
"Mount c c:\burgertime" then typing burgertime.exe

Tried Control F5...it worked. Picture safely saved.

I hope this helps other people who find the same problem.
Conclusion: If you want to get some screenshots, you have to mount the DOS game manually. Don't copy paste.