VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by appollo147

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the 6 Cd version of Ripper by Take 2 Interactive and was wondering if I could install it in such a way using D-fend Reloaded so that I could run it all the way through without having to swap cds or isos, in other words CDless play. If So Could Someone please Instruct me on how to do it.

Reply 1 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know specifically how you do it with D-Fend Reloaded, but in standard DOSBox all you have to do is specify the name of each ISO image when you use the imgmount command, and you can subsequently swap CDs by pressing CTRL-F4 when the game prompts you. Details are in the readme.

If you don't want the game to prompt you for CDs at all, well, that will probably require a game-specific hack.

Reply 2 of 6, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Board index ‹ The Guide ‹ DOS
This should be in DOSBox General

TAKE2.INI contains this:
Drive1 = D:\
Drive2 = D:\
Drive3 = D:\
Drive4 = D:\
Drive5 = D:\
Drive6 = D:\

Example:
If you used the command MOUNT C C:\DOS\GAMES\RIPPER -t dir
Copy the contents of the CDs to C:\DOS\GAMES\RIPPER\RIPPER\CD2, C:\DOS\GAMES\RIPPER\RIPPER\CD3, etc.

Edit TAKE2.INI
Drive1 = D:\
Drive2 = C:\RIPPER\CD2
Drive3 = C:\RIPPER\CD3
Drive4 = C:\RIPPER\CD4
Drive5 = C:\RIPPER\CD5
Drive6 = C:\RIPPER\CD6

If this works you should just need CD1 mounted and the rest will be read from the game directory.

Reply 3 of 6, by appollo147

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok that looks like it may work SKARDAVNELNATE. I've been trying to figure this out on my own for weeks 🤣. But, I have one more question. Do I copy the folders from the CDs onto my HDD or do I just copy the files in each folder to the CD2, CD3 etc. folders?

Reply 4 of 6, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Examples

CD2 has 4 folders - COMBAT, CYBER, PUZZLE, and SCENE
You would copy these into a folder named CD2 resulting in this
C:\RIPPER\CD2\COMBAT
C:\RIPPER\CD2\CYBER
C:\RIPPER\CD2\PUZZLE
C:\RIPPER\CD2\SCENE