VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by desga2

User metadata

In DOSbox 0.60 version when press MAY key appear a '1'.
is a bug? how repair?
😖
thankx.

Reply 3 of 15, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
desga2 wrote:
In DOSbox 0.60 version when press MAY key appear a '1'. is a bug? how repair? :s-face: thankx. […]
Show full quote

In DOSbox 0.60 version when press MAY key appear a '1'.
is a bug? how repair?
😖
thankx.

ROFL! he/she must be portuguese/spanish native-speaker just because MAY is MAYUSCULAS for short in Spanish = CAPS in English.

Reply 4 of 15, by desga2

User metadata

😁
ups!
Hi, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm refer the Shift key or CAPS (Capitals) key.

IF I'M EFFORT TO LEARN ENGLISH, WHY YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OF SPANISH LANGUAGE? 😜

For eL_PuSHeR: THANKS for you translation and...

Oye tio tu que me entiendes, que cuando pulso la tecla mayusculas me aparece un 1, ¿Puede ser por la configuración del teclado? El caso es que aunque en DOSbox salga el teclado configurado en inglés la tecla mayúsculas es la misma en ambos teclados.
¿Sabes si hay un foro en 'spanish' de DOSBox?

EÑE POWER!!!, brother, from Spain for the www.

* Post made in Spain, sorry for the bad english.

Reply 5 of 15, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hi desga2, I do not think I can exactly help you with your problem, but I am curious.

Which operating system do you use with DOSBox v. 0.60? I use Windows XP Home, and my SHIFT and my CAPS LOCK keys works perfectly.

Also, have your tried enabling a second language+keyboard layout in the Control Panel => International and Language Settings, Lanuage tab + Details?

Perhaps enabling a US keyboard, and then press Alt+Left shift to activate the US layout will help?

--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 15, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Desafortunadamente, el emulación del teclado en DOSBox no está perdonando. El consejo de MiniMax es el mejor -- usas un disposición de teclado "US-ASCII" cuando estás utilizando el DOSBox.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 7 of 15, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice Spanglish try, Snover. He He He. To my Spanish mate: I am also usng a standard Spanish keyboard configuration and haven't noticed any ill-behaviour under DosBox. Just because i am at work now, i will try the keys you mentioned earlier when i arrive home and will post back.

P.S: Keep up learning English. You are doing quite well, but stick to this language in these forums. 😁

P.D.2 (Spanish): Por desgracia, no conozco ningún foro de DosBox en Español, pero seguro que tiene que haberlo.

Reply 8 of 15, by desga2

User metadata

Snover, do you write in spanish, or translate with Babylon or other web translators? Because if you are doing this are cheats. 😉

I use a Win98 system with a spanish keyboard (system and keyboard configurated in spanish, logical).

The problem is that, in DOSbox 0.60 when I press the shift key, in the screen the system draw a 1.
For example;
I like change drive from C to A, for this I press [A] and [Shift]+[:] keys.
In the spanish keyboard the caracter ':' (two points) drawin in the screen with [Shift]+[:] keys.

This is the example screen text:
C:\>a1:

When I prees the Shift key drawing a '1' in screen, ever that I press Shift key drawing a '1'. Then I delete this '1' for I can acces to drive A.

Resume: I have deleted the '1' caracter ever I press Shift key for acces other drive.

But I don't know why this is, because the key Shift is equal in both keyboards, spanish and US, and the ASCII code I think too.

I have waiting aclarated the problem, not are important but it is bored that I have deleted a '1' ever I changed to other drive.

I'm working in a spanish translation for DOSbox 0.60, ready in a few days.

EÑE POWER!!!, brother, from Spain for the www.

* Post made in Spain, sorry for the bad english. I'm learning, how I'm doing?

Reply 9 of 15, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Just put your mount command and your drivechange command in the
[autoexec.bat] section of dosbox.conf

It's not going to be fixed soon. (sorry)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 11 of 15, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Qbix - any chance of you being able to provide just a little bit more information about this bug? It must be specific to Win98, no?

desga2 - did you try adding an US keyboard?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 12 of 15, by desga2

User metadata

MiniMax:
Yes, I'm trying with US keyboard configuration and the problem persist when I press sift key.

More data about my system:

I'm used Win98SE in my system that run at Pentium 200 MMX.

My keyboard's conexion is AT (not PS/2), can is that the problem?

I will try with new DOSBox version 0.61. I'm dowloading ...

Thanks to all for you interest in my "peculiar" and rare bug.

Reply 14 of 15, by Guest

User metadata

My problem not is my P200MMX, DOSBox run fine, only I have increase frameskip at 5 and cycles at 500. I loose graphic sprites quality but I have a necesary speed for played games.

My problem not are my system, my machine are work greatest fine for ever. 😁 (olds PC never die as classic games to DOS)

In DOSBox v0.61 the problem with shift key continued.

P.D.: And I can run Bochs 2.1 fine in my old system P200MMX.

Reply 15 of 15, by sevenbornwriter

User metadata

I actually have the same problem as our Spanish friend. Everytime I hit the shift key, there is a one, so I am not able to process a great deal of commands in the program. I am about to go play around a bit with some of my setups; wanted to check in here first to see if a solution had already been found. If I figure anything out, I will let you know.

sevenbornwriter