VOGONS

Common searches

EMS Problem

Topic actions

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi@all,
even i try to run an old Textadventure (WOGI90) in DOSbox i get the Message: EMS Memory Manager does not map enough pages for swapping.
The game runs on WIN98/XP/2000 and MS-DOS 6.22 without any problems.
The EMS switch is set as true, if i try to use EMM386.EXE from MS i get the Error-Message that an other EMS driver is already active.

I'm using SUSE-LINUX 9.0, Pentium 1000, nVIDIA 64MB 3D Card, 256 MB RAM, 60 GB-HD and finally DOSbox 0.60 (great product).

Can anybody help?

Gerd.

Reply 1 of 4, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This sounds like a paging issue. Dosbox 0.60 doesn't provide Paging or VCPI support. Wait for the next release of DosBox, though I suspect that you will have to set ems=false to get the game to run.

Reply 4 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Magamo wrote:

This sounds like a paging issue. Dosbox 0.60 doesn't provide Paging or VCPI support. Wait for the next release of DosBox, though I suspect that you will have to set ems=false to get the game to run.

I don't think it is related to VCPI paging (protected mode) but EMS pages, which i think were 64KB frames of EMS memory. I don't know how many pages does DOSBOX enable by default and i don't know how to check it either. Maybe running some app like old checkit or something. Maybe some developer will jump in and enlighten us.