VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by yetisouth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Help - I am too stupid!
I want to disable a few functions that are used in DOSbox, because I want to use them in the program I am running with DOSbox. For instance I would like to use Ctr-F4, Ctr-F5 etc. I can't figure out how to do that with the keymapper. Or is there another way to do it?

Reply 1 of 3, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Open the keymapper with CTRL+F1. Now click on the "Swap Image" button. At the lower left corner you'll see "BIND: Key f4" and a highlight on "mod1". This means that CTRL+F4 triggers Dosbox swap image functionality. Just click "Del" to remove the keybind. Do the same for the other controls that you want to unbind. If you click Exit, the changes will affect only the current instance of Dosbox. If you want to save your changes permanently, click Save and then in Dosbox config make sure you use the saved mapper file.

This is all explained in the manual.

Reply 3 of 3, by feuergeist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripa wrote on 2014-07-03, 13:46:

Open the keymapper with CTRL+F1. Now click on the "Swap Image" button. At the lower left corner you'll see "BIND: Key f4" and a highlight on "mod1". This means that CTRL+F4 triggers Dosbox swap image functionality. Just click "Del" to remove the keybind. Do the same for the other controls that you want to unbind. If you click Exit, the changes will affect only the current instance of Dosbox. If you want to save your changes permanently, click Save and then in Dosbox config make sure you use the saved mapper file.

This is all explained in the manual.

What is the Swap Image? I don't get it.

FG