VOGONS

Common searches

No sound.

Topic actions

First post, by robertvaliant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am back with a new problem. Namely that I can't seem to get sound on many games running in DOSBox. Sometimes I get certain sounds but not others. I get no sound for Monkey Island, Geisha or Syndicate. I have full sound on Wolf 3D but then on Prince of Persia I get the beginning of level music but no SFX and on Day of the Tentacle I loose sound too. Most notably in the intro when the bird chokes on the toxic air. I have the dialouge and the music but no bird cough.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? If so please post your suggestions. I remember reading about some problems with MIDI SFX but I was too preoccupied at the time (with just getting the programs running on a Japanese machine) to pay proper attention to what they said and now I can't find the posts.

Thanks again to Snover, Xanderman and Qbix for all the help last time.

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know what may be causing the problems you describe but for Monkey Island you need to pass the appropiate sound parameter on command line. For Adlib it should be monkey.exe a; s for soundblaster and so on. Execute monkey.exe ? for a list of available options.

Reply 2 of 3, by robertvaliant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, the sound appears to work on Monkey Island now but only the music. SFX work occasionally but sound broken. Also the music stutters but I suppose that is just the frame skip. Thank you eL_PuSHeR. I will keep on trying to work this out and post here if I discover what is wrong. Still welcoming any suggestions though.