VOGONS

Common searches

Opengl prob?

Topic actions

First post, by Raven

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a problem with Dosbox 0.61 and those cvs versions that have the opengl options.
If I try to use dosbox with opengl in fullscreen the screen becomes blank and the power indicator on the screen twinkles.
If I run dosbox in a window, dosbox runs ok.

Is this a problem of dosbox or is it something I have to change in my settings?

my system is a
p4 1800
512mb ram
geforce 4 ti 4200
sound blaster live

Reply 1 of 8, by CobraA1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sounds like your monitor doesn't suooport the resolution/refresh rate DosBox is trying to set. I've noticed that XP will sometimes allow modes that the monitor doesn't really support, even when "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is checked in the advanced display properties!

Try this:
set fullheight and fullwidth to your current resolution, and set fullfixed to true.

Reply 5 of 8, by Jackal331

User metadata

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=true
output=opengl
fullwidth=1152
fullheight=864
hwscale=1.00
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true

As first i must say : Thanks for new dosbox !!! Continue with good work ! And as a second i have to say, that i have a little problem: i cant switch to opengl, when i do, the dosbox do a fullscreen and the its black screen for 3 seconds and then it crashes. Any helpfull recommendations ?
And another question, what overlay option means ? And what hwscale means ? Which options i have to use for best results 1.00 - 10.00 ... ? Thanks for advices.

Reply 6 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Jackal331 wrote:

And another question, what overlay option means ?

For me, the 'overlay' function allowed me to view a game on my TV in full-TV mode, while still running it in a windows on my TFT screen 😎

I have to say, that the colors and everything looks *so* much better on the TV than on the TFT screen.
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think someone has already posted about this. It seems DOSBox kicks you to desktop if OpenGL full-screen is invoked at startup but works properly if started windowed and then switched via ALT-ENTER. Weird.