Common searches

ECHO is off

Topic actions

First post, by Double-C

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi...

I tried to install Eye of the Beholder 1,2,3 a several times...
first it works.
But now when I try to install "ECHO is off" apears 🙁.

I used CDs and Floppies... all the same.

Reply 2 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

nothing wrong with echo off 😀
No install program depends on the setting of echo I may hope 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As far as i know, my EOB 1 & 2 don't require installation at all. Just copy all the files to a folder. Run EOB.EXE for EOB1 and START.EXE for EOB2.
If your installation uses a batch file, just ignore it. Copy all the files manually.

Reply 4 of 6, by Double-C1

User metadata

Ok ok...

from cd its possible to copy all the files - that works 😀
I got the english version on CD... and it works.
But I'm german and I got the german version on disk... 3 disks... and after intro the prog stops, because it's searching for the 2nd disk 🙁

So I tried to install the german version from disk, but it failed with the message: "ECHO is off..." 😒

I try to get a german version on Cd 😀

Thx

Reply 5 of 6, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The fact that "ECHO is off" is displayed, is not the source of the failure, nor is it a sign of failure per se. It's printed by DOS(box) when you issue the ECHO command without an "on" or "off" setting from the command prompt or from a batch file. Maybe you could examine the batchfile to see what's really causing the problem.

JAL

Reply 6 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

EOB3 doesn't require installation either. Same as with EOB1 and 2, copy all files manually. The "echo is off" error message seems to point to a badly created BATCH file or some sort of error in some of the line inside it. 😎

EDIT: Forgot to mention that EOB3 does a different hardware/software approach than 1 & 2, because it wasn't developed by Westwood anymore (a pity), but Event Horizon software, which made a poor excuse imho. Anyway, what i am telling you is that the AESOP ENGINE used in EOB3 need EMS MEMORY to run fluently. You have been warned.