VOGONS

Common searches

Clarification

Topic actions

First post, by Guest

User metadata

This program is very difficult to use, I find. It tells me to do some -t cdrom command to run a cd game, but then it says illegal command. You need to keep in mind the vast majority of us are NOT computer programmers and a simplification of the readme file would be helpful.

Reply 1 of 3, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous wrote:

You need to keep in mind the vast majority of us are NOT computer programmers and a simplification of the readme file would be helpful.

YOU need to keep in mind that DOSbox is made completely by volunteers, who spend their free time programming so we can play those nice ol' DOS games again. Also, it is completely FREE. I can understand you are frustrated about failing to run a specific game, but there is no need to be rude.

JAL

Reply 3 of 3, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Furthermore, I think most people using DOSBox are DOS veterans since there are only few people wanting to play really old games if they didn't play them at the time they were created. Everyone who used DOS should be able to cope with DOSBox. Things were a bit more complicated back then and Graphical User Interfaces were rare.