VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snowboard71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i install the 0.61,but when i launch it a windows appears with word sdl.then the emulator freeze...any suggestion?

Reply 2 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

it helps to get drivers from the manufacturer website for you videocard.

As OpenGL is an opposing standard to directx: All drivers supplied by MS products come with openGL disabled.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

If I read the description correctly, then this is an OpenGL-to-DirectX 6 wrapper:
http://www.altsoftware.com/products/opengl-directx.html

Will it help Darkfalz?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 9, by Sanguivore

User metadata

I myself am suffering from a similar problem. When I run DOSBOX 0.61, two seperate windows appear. The first window states that my win32 midi device has been properly "opened". The next window reads in it's Title Bar " SDL_APP cycles: 2500, frameskip: 0 ". And here is where it starts getting weirder. The SDL_APP window is completely TRANSPARENT !!! 😳 I can shrink it, move it, fullscreen it, close it, etc.... but it still remains transparent. But that's just the beginning. I thought that perhaps it was a bad download, so i re-downloaded DOSBOX 0.61. Nothing changed. So I thought oh well, I'll just keep using DOSBOX 0.60 since it worked like a champ for most of my old DOS games. But guess what, now DOSBOX 0.60 started doing the same thing. The exact same thing!!! 😳 It had worked flawlessly earlier in the same day that I downloaded 0.61 for the first time. Now I was really starting to get furious. 😠 That's when I said fine.... maybe it corrupted my openGL drivers and all I had to do was just re-install them (the newest openGL drivers). WRONG !!!! 😠 So now I am at a complete loss as to what I should do. Anyone got any ideas? 😕

Intel celeron 500 mhz w/ Phoenix bios & math co-pro.
64 meg ram: DIMM 133 mhz.
SB Pro 16 soundcard: Legacy
Crystal Audio win32 MPU-401 midi device
ATI Rage Pro : 16 meg proprietary video ram
Win98se : OEM version

**** some of you may be thinking, WOW... your system just isn't good enough to run DOSBOX. I assure you, that it ran DOSBOX 0.60 before flawlessly. So well in fact, that I had to use another program to slow down my computer before running dosbox to begin with because the games were playing WAY TOO FAST. Odd, but true. By the way, I did not use the cpu cripple prog. while trying to use DOSBOX 0.61 I wanted to see how it came "out swinging" on it's own before doing so. So, notice my disappointment when 0.61 just fell face first and died. Not to mention that it decided to kill version 0.60 with it. 😠 ****

Reply 6 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Just guess here.... Could there be several, incompatible versions of SDL.dll and SDL_net.dll on your system? Do you PATH include any of them?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 9, by sanguivore

User metadata

ok.... I scanned my entire computer and the only place that I have sdl.dll and sdl_net.dll is in my DOSBOX_0.61 folder. So... I guess that I would say the answer is no. Just as a reference, I double checked those 2 files in the DOSBOX_061.zip file and they match exactly. Size, date, and time stamp. So the problem must be elsewhere. On an interesting note, I tried deleting version 0.61 and then cleaning my registry for any resident files that it might have used. After that, I tried reinstalling version 0.60 to see if that made a difference. Sadly, it did not. I have a bad feeling about that fact. I'm beginning to think that somehow some other important file became corrupted when I installed version 0.61 and if that is the case, then I have no idea what file(s) it could have been. I'm beginning to wish that I never installed version 0.61 now. And to think, the only reason that I did was to play DOS protected mode games that I could not play before since version 0.61 claims to have a much better stable enviroment and support for such said games. Anyways, I appreciate the effort and time to help me, and if you have any other suggestions, I will gladly test out those ideas and theories.

Reply 8 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

dosbox 0.61 doesn't come in a zip.....
There is no DOSBOX_61.zip.
What did you download ? Where did you download ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 9 of 9, by snowboard71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have installed in my geforce2 mx/mx400 under win98se the W9x_650 driver for the nvidia video card downloaded under driverguide.com,and 061dosbox works perfectly now! i hope this help someone......ps great job guys,now with this release(061) i can play aliens:the comic book adventure.thank you again for your great job!! 😀