VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ror

User metadata

I'm trying to play legend, and the sound isn't stuttering as such, it's more garbled and very quiet.

Reply 4 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I think Qbix is asking you to select a different card inside your game. Instead of using ... SoundBlaster ... try MIDI, MPU-401, or AdLib. If that doesn't work - and you feel adventurous - disable AdLib in dosbox.conf and enable CMS instead.
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 8, by ror

User metadata

thanks, but I tried different settings within my game, all gave me the same "burbling" sound (although some sounds seem unnaffected, most do, and the music certainly is)
I briefly tried disabling adlib and enabling cms but I just got no sound at all, however I'm not sure I totally exhausted combinations of ingame settings and dosbox.conf settings, I'll try that tomorrow =\

Reply 6 of 8, by ror

User metadata

I finally got "better" sound, but it's really not that much better at all, sounds for the most part are clearer (especially the music), but it still sounds very wrong, and there are obnoxious beeps, where originally there were higher pitched sounds.

When I had garbled sounds, the few sounds that seemed to work were the "smoke puff" type sounds; now they sound really low, and the music sounds almost out of time and jilted sometimes.

To get the sound better I had to use "roland" sound in the game setup. Will this always sound terrible or are there some settings for dosbox or my PC in general that I can do to make them sound decent again. Still, it's better than it has been, recently.

thanks for the help so far!