VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was PMing with him about custom DOSBox builds and I went to check to see if my last message this morning I sent went out okay when *poof* his vogons forum account is now showing as deleted. And now it looks like his page at http://www.si-gamer.net/truth/ is down as well. Does anybody know what gives?

Reply 2 of 7, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bummer ... okay then. I wish him well wherever he ventures off too. I found his participation in DOSBox-X and his other individual patch fixes to be quite useful. Sorry to see him go.

Reply 4 of 7, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eraH wrote:

It's a bit sad to see him go, he was quite the contributor.

No kidding, huh? He was great. A good balance between technical know-how and a perspective on how less technical people would want to use DOSBox.

I was about to propose a minor collaboration with him wherein I'd work on compiling regular updates with DOSBox SVN Munt builds while he focused on the more complex DOSBox-X custom builds (that require coding knowledge, which I possess none of). Alas, looks like tis not to be.

Reply 5 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Huh? That is curios. Too bad, he was good!!!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

He's still on the PCem forums fyi, but he'll probably self-destruct there too.

Dunno why people choose to do this on phpBB though. All it does is remove all privileges to your existing posts

I have to deal with this on the OA board by having a short editing time limit. Out of the blue someone would suddenly 'censor' themselves by blanking all of their own posts as a form of protest as if the admin were a powermonger

apsosig.png
long live PCem