VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 27, by Rod Primitive

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
rotaxt wrote:

Rod do you use pixelshader hq2x.fx and scaler=hardware3x fullscreen or in windowed mode? and do you use it with direct3d?

here's how I set it all up.

fullscreen=true
fullresoultion=original
output=direct3d
pixelshader=hq2x.fx
aspect= true
scaler=hardware3x
autofit=true

Might not be correct order as it appear in the conf, but you'll get the idea.

Reply 21 of 27, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolano wrote:

No. Though honestly I'm not really clear on the purpose of the HardwareXx modes, since the output seems the same across them as with no scaler.

The idea is to mimic normal2x/normal3x but use hardware scaling instead of software doubling/tripling.
This also functions as an activation for those shaders that need hardware scaling in order to work.

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 23 of 27, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All shaders that work as "scalers" need HW scaling (hq, crt, xbr, ...) - they need output image that is bigger than input image so they have enough output pixels to work with and smooth the image.
The shaders that only change some properties of the image (like mcamber.fx or mcgreen.fx) do not necessarily need hw scaling.

Some shaders only activate when HW scaling factor is sufficiently large...this is determined by:

float scaling : SCALING = 2.0;

inside the shader.

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 25 of 27, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Rod Primitive wrote:

Now it makes more sense. Thanks.
By the way, or you the author of Daum? Because I know I've seen your nickname otherwere when I read about Daum. 😀

The author of DOSBox Daum is known as "ykhwong" here, and his name seems to be Taewoong.

In my opinion, it's wrong to think of DOSBox Daum version as a project with a single author though. DOSBox Daum is primarily whatever the current SVN version of DOSBox is, plus a large collection of patches from the DOSBox Patches forum. ykhwong has done the hard job of testing these patches all together to see what works best together, and - for a while at least - releasing regular updates to his project.

gulikoza just happens to have written a good number of (and some of the more popular) DOSBox patches. 😉

Actual development team of DOSBox proper includes Qbix and Harekiet, but also wd and many other contributors.

Hope this clarifies things 😉

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 26 of 27, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:
Rod Primitive wrote:

Don't know about you guys, but my DOSBox becomes REALLY slow when I'm using 5xBR.

Same here, a lengthy pause at startup...

I've also experienced this, but haven't had time to investigate it much.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.