VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Justin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using dosbox to run a program and the title screen of the program pops up but as soon as I press "enter" dosbox crashes with error

Exit to Error: CALL: descriptor type 0 unsupported

what does this mean? can I get around this?

Reply 2 of 4, by Justin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is an executable program written in fortran that does not work under windows XP but works under win 95, 98 and ME and so I tried to use dosbox to get it working. The program starts up to the title screen, but as soon as i press enter it crashes with the message. My dosbox configuration is the same as when downloaded, hasn't been touched.

Reply 3 of 4, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Again, please be more specific. Can you attach a binary? What Fortran compiler are you using? What does this program do? Did you write it yourself? There's no point in trying to speak in general terms as such information doesn't help us. We're programmers, not psychics.

Reply 4 of 4, by Markus

User metadata

...but works under win 95, 98 and ME...

Well, does it run in plain old dos? Or are you talking about a windows app?
Then you should try XP's compatibility options:
To adjust the compatibility mode of a program that has already been installed to your hard drive, locate the executable program in your hard drive folders. Right click on the program (or shortcut link) and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Click on "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select the environment that the program was designed for.