VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by UberPrutser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

I'm new to DOS emulation and I'm running into a very annoying problem.
I've installed the latest version of D-Fend reloaded any I'm using the integrated DOXBox version.
I managed to get my XBOX controller working fine in both Test Drive 1 and NFS 1 but somehow it stopped working. And I don't think that I changed anything joystick related that would stop it from working. Why should I, I just got it running fine. (Also the ALT-F1 key combo to start the keymapper stop working at about the same time)
I've tried loading the standard config and even reinstalling D-Fend but I can't get it back to work.
Without D-Fend the joystick seem to work. O.k. it has calibration problems but at-least its connected. One more thing. When starting the keymapper from the pulldown menu it comes up with the following German/English error message:

Datei C:\docume~1\username\local~`1\temp\tempgamrec.prof kann night geoffenet werden. The system cannot find the file specified.

Not sure it's related but I'm mentioning it all the same. The file is there b.t.w. and I deleted it since it's in a temp folder.

Hope someone can help because this is getting a bit frustrating.

update: Previously I did a reinstall overwriting the current install. Now I did a de-install and then a new install. This fixed the problem. Hopefully the problem won't reappear. And ctrl+f1 is also working again.