VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Destroth

User metadata

Is there anyway of doing this? I know the windows version you can use notepad, but the mac version doesn't have a seperate dosbox.conf file to edit. Its all in one package.

<<Destroth>>

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
[sdl]
# fullscreen -- Start dosbox directly in fullscreen.
# fulldouble -- Use double buffering in fullscreen.
# fullfixed -- Don't resize the screen when in fullscreen.
# fullwidth/height -- What resolution to use for fullscreen, use together with fullfixed.
# output -- What to use for output: surface,overlay,opengl,openglnb.
# hwscale -- Extra scaling of window if the output device supports hardware scaling.
# autolock -- Mouse will automatically lock, if you click on the screen.
# sensitiviy -- Mouse sensitivity.
# waitonerror -- Wait before closing the console if dosbox has an error.

opengl = OpenGL, openglnb = OpenGL with no bilinear filtering
--
MiniMAx

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by Destroth

User metadata

Thanks for the info. I don't think the Mac build likes the openGL though. I got a bus error after I added those lines to my .conf file. Also I read where a PC user was saying openGL wasn't working with his nVidia card.
I have a Geforce 4600 Ti in my Mac, so it might be the nVidia card.

<<Destroth>>

Reply 4 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

GeForce 4600 is NVidia card, but it is not that OpenGL would not work with NVidia cards (most of us have them - including Harekiet and QBIX (QBIX said it elsewhere)), but only with some drivers (at least we Windows users have this experience - I do not know any Mac users). I had this problem as well, after changing drivers it is ok.
It is hard to tell where is the real problem (buggy drivers, buggy SDL, something wrong in the way OpenGL is used from DOSBOX).

Mirek

Reply 5 of 5, by Destroth

User metadata

The sad thing is Mac Nvida drivers only get updated when MacOS gets updated. I know they are behind in features that PC drivers use. With the
Mac OSX 10.3.2 update, they just started puting in pixel shading in their Nvidia OpenGL drivers. I hope more edit features are going to be included in the Mac Gui(DosBox launcher) next release. This would make
editing DosBox easer then editing dosbox.conf. In fact after using those OpenGL commands I had to start over with a new config file because I still kept getting errors even after I took the command lines out.

<<Destroth>>