VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kuros

User metadata

Of course we all found out it doesn't work, but the version on Might and Magic: Classics does work (Classics contains M&M 1-5 and Swords), because it requires no CD. It also has the voices also.

If you can find it, that's great, but most likely you wont be able to, but if you download a .bin and a .cue if it and use whatever cd emulation tool to install (i use Daemon Tools) and then run Xeen in DosBox, it will work just fine.

Reply 1 of 9, by Orcman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

no it wont 🙁

coz i have a version dl from edonkey and my version doesnt even works in pure dos 6.22 mode ,

i think the label it wrong thoo coz i dont think the correct label for WOX on might and magic - millenium edtion is : NEW_WORLD_1_WORLD_OF_XEEN

any got the correct label so i could check if this is the problem would be nice thoo

Reply 3 of 9, by Orcman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dont know how much more i can explain this but i will try

i have dl might and magic millenium edtion and mm6-7+swords of xeen works but after i installed world of xeen (using daemon tools on my pc and use ms virtual pc) it doesnt work (it says it's not a world of xeen cd-rom (in dosbox it says it's a music cd ,which it's not).

if i try world of xeen on my other pc (which is a amd k6/350 with dos installed it says it's not a world of xeen cd-rom)

but i am confused about the label on cd3+4 on might and magic millenium edtion because the label is :NEW_WORLD_1_WORLD_OF_XEEN on both cd3+cd4 , so if world of xeen on might and magic millenium edtion has a label check and it's not the correct label that would explain my problem but i dont know the correct label that's why i asked for it

hope this makes things more clear for you

Reply 7 of 9, by Hssk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kuros wrote:

Ok, like I said before the Millienum Edition won't let you run WoX.

It's works on Win XP. Simply it's need a time & desire to investigate a problem.

Origin: MM Millennium, Disks 3-4; MM World of Xeen installed to D:\World;
Disk 3 label: NEW_WORLD_1_WORLD_OF_XEEN
Disk 4 label: NEW_WORLD_2_WORLD_OF_XEEN;
Original CD-ROM - H:

mmw.conf (for example):
[autoexec]
mount c: d:\ -- !!! Not 'mount c: d:\world' - it doesn't work!
mount d: h:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

WoX works fine. No delay, no freezes by sound problem.

Reply 8 of 9, by eXtremis

User metadata

You are required to have an original copy of the game. If you are trying to run a pirated version of the game, the discs were copied incorrectly (Ignore read errors, Read sectors in RAW mode, and Read all subchannel data). I found this out when I made a backup copy of the M&M Millennium CD's a few years back. I just got a retail copy of the games and now they work perfectly! The discs actually have about 500MB of information, not the 50MB that you see when you view the discs' content though Windows Explorer.

Reply 9 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sounds like they probably have one of the following:
- audio tracks
- multiple OS support (e.g. a DOS/Windows track/session and a Mac one)
- big hidden files

Analyzing the discs with ISOBuster is a good way to see what's going on.