VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by newsdee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm getting huge "tearing" with every game in fullscreen, even with double buffering on. Is there any way to remove it, or at least reduce it? I'm using the Overlay mode.

Alternatively, is there any way to tell Dosbox to use Vsync for its graphics output? Apparently not, according to this thread:
(Eight Ball Deluxe (1994 Pinball Game)) and the missing entry in the config file 🙁

Don't panic.

Reply 3 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

I think it's not a speed matter but synchronization one. It seems that enabling vsync makes sound and video desynchronize so the sound buffers run out constantly and it sounds choppy. I say that because it even happens in the simplest games, even having low cycles and high frameskip rate.

Reply 4 of 4, by newsdee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I did try the OpenGL renderer with Vsync on and off, and both have major slowdowns when compared to overlay and surface. Again, this an ATI card, which somebody in another thread mentioned had slower texture rendering than Nvidia cards.

This is on a Radeon 9200 card though. I'll try a 9600 Pro (on another PC) to see if there's any difference.

Don't panic.