VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mechatron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, for the most part my upgrade to Windows 10 went smoothly, just a couple of "minor" nags that need to be ironed out. Even DOSBox was working well... until today.

I was trying to play "Terminal Velocity", a game that worked well in DOXBox with my old Saitek X-45 HOTAS with GlovePIE programming. Only the game would not respond to the X-45 when it once did. The DOSBox console was able to ID my HOTAS (Saitek X-45 with 6 axis, 26 buttons, and 1 hat(s)), but for some odd reason the X-45 was not being translated to TV. I've tried the reinstall route, but no dice. My X-45 does work and is recognized by Windows 10. But why DOSBox stopped "communicating" my HOTAS controls is beyond me.

Ah, my system specs:
Lenovo PC, Intel i3 quad core, 3.40 GHz, 8GB RAM
Windows 10, x64
DOSBox 0.74, D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4

Reply 1 of 2, by Mechatron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

UPDATE: I've been checking out some joystick related stuff since my first post. Here's what I've discovered so far:

1. Another game I run under DOSBox, Hi-Octane, also uses the joystick controls. However, the X-45 (and a P880 D-Pad controller) does work with it when launched with D-Fend.
  2. I start DOSBox and try running Terminal Velocity from the prompt instead of the D-Fend launcher. The X-45 DOES work this way.
  3. Another HOTAS-friendly game I have, VR Slingshot, also fails when launched with D-Fiend Reloaded, but works when launched from DOSBox, though I lose the rudder controls this way.

Why TV can't recognize my HOTAS when launched from D-Fend as opposed to DOSBox directly is beyond me. Anyone else notice something similar?

Reply 2 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Joystick settings in d-fend..,

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper