VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MugoUrth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, now I have a legitimate copy of the games I tried to ask for before and now I have interest in ripping those games sprites. The problem, however, is that I can't rip what is cut-off by the interface. I know I can rip the image using the printscreen button, but from what I know, there is no way to remove the interface. So... is there anything I can do instead?

Reply 2 of 6, by MugoUrth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure how to extract the graphics. I think there's a program in that website, but it's like a foreign language there, and it doesn't seem like any of the programs there are compatible with Might and Magic games.

Reply 3 of 6, by Darkstar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is the Xeen Wiki which reverse engineered almost every file format from M&M4/5. However it seems that that site's CSS is broken right now (at least for me). The content is still there though...

Reply 4 of 6, by MugoUrth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Darkstar wrote:

There is the Xeen Wiki which reverse engineered almost every file format from M&M4/5. However it seems that that site's CSS is broken right now (at least for me). The content is still there though...

That helps, but it doesn't tell me what program to use. Maybe it's in the other site?

Reply 5 of 6, by Darkstar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What do you mean "which program"? The wiki only documents the file formats, you have to write a small C or Python program to extract the data yourself. They do, however, link to the Xeen utilities right on the main page. Maybe that helps you get started? (I haven't looked at the utilities yet)