VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Loki-Jormunr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i was playing Kq5 cd version and suddenly i hear this bloody ring... thought was in-game stuff.... then i notice characters don't really mind (unbelievable, i was waiting for graham to say <sumbody's gonna get this or what?>) , after that i notice that pausing the game doesn't stop the bloody ring, so i finally realized it's definitely not an in-game thingie (aye im smart ain't i), and in the db log window there r lines saying
R
I
N
G

so... wha the hell ??

**For æser Odin,for alvar Dåin,
Dvalin for dvergar.Allsvinn dei
for jotnar skar,eg riste sjølv sume**

thp01.gif secret_of_monkey_island_2_2.jpg
Lokasenna

Reply 2 of 5, by Loki-Jormunr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

overuse ? with Kq5 ???

btw did any1 play it ? (cd version)

if so isn't there a way to play the game with speech AND text ?
(same thing about Police Quest 4, that seems to accept either text or speech, which is crazy IMHO)

Lokasenna

Reply 3 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Loki-Jormunr wrote:

overuse ?

Yes, it is the friendly William Henry Gates III (Bill among friends), that is trying to call you. While he can accept a certain amount of DOS emulation, the Microsoft lawyers has informed him, that in order to protect the DOS(tm) trademark, he has to stop people from emulating it after a certain amount of time.

More info on trademark protection here: http://www.wipo.int/about-ip/en/about_tradema … l#how_extensive
--
MiniMax - "Lawyers - what a waste of air"

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 5, by Loki-Jormunr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MiniMax wrote:
Yes, it is the friendly William Henry Gates III (Bill among friends), that is trying to call you. While he can accept a certain […]
Show full quote

Yes, it is the friendly William Henry Gates III (Bill among friends), that is trying to call you. While he can accept a certain amount of DOS emulation, the Microsoft lawyers has informed him, that in order to protect the DOS(tm) trademark, he has to stop people from emulating it after a certain amount of time.

More info on trademark protection here: http://www.wipo.int/about-ip/en/about_t..._extensive
--
MiniMax - "Lawyers - what a waste of air"

haHahA! unbelievable

Lokasenna

Reply 5 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

LMAO 😁

BTW, Search engine is your friend. The world would be a happier place if people just learned to search.

How do you stop the ringing?
Weird messages in dosbox..!

This is the real answer.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto