VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by EternalNostalgia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Happy holidays everyone, I'm currently trying out DOSBOX again, last time I've used
this app was around 2005, I know nothing probably really hasn't changed since then.
I myself totally forgot how to set things up, I have a few old MS-DOS games laying
around on my system's hard disk drives. Below is an image of where I currently am
at the moment, okay I've mounted drive F then drive F with directory.. after that I am
pretty much stuck and checked out several youtube videos and became confused on how to
get things working... one user that posted a video via youtube.com he stated that when installing a game you'll
have to type in CD into the cmd prompt to install the game, I'm very confused and currently suffering from a splitting headache
as a nasty result I'm Sorry guys I tried my best to explain this situation the best way that I know how.

DOSBOX_MOUNTED.jpg

Happy Holiday's from Eternal Nostalgia, by the way my system specs are listed below i currently built this computer and hold responsibility for it

Brand: Project TIDEALWAVE [Selfbuilt]
Model: Project Tsunami II
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100 Black Edition 3.3GHz
Video Card: MSI Raedon R9270 2GB-256bit
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-FI Fata1ty PCI-Express
Motherboard: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO [BIOS: 2102]
Hard Drive: Western Digital/Seagate
01: 1TB Western Digital
02: 500GB Western Digital
03: 300GB Seagate
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000C-CU
Power Supply Unit: Corsair TX850W [850 Watt]
DVD Drive(s): Plextor/Sony
01: Plextor PX-740A [Slave]
02: Sony DVD-ROM DDU1615 [Master]
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry II
System Fan(s): Thermaltake
01: Thermaltake AF0026 120mm [Blue LED]
02: Thermaltake AF0026 120mm [Blue LED]
03: Thermaltake AF0035 92mm [Blue LED]

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This mounts your F:\MS-DOS directory to virtual C: (DOS programs expect a C: drive)
Mount c:\ F:\MS-DOS

This changes the virtual drive to the virtual C: drive
C:

The following changes the directory to the subdirectory inside of F:\MS-DOS
CD WTRILOGY

Someone will inevitably pop up in this thread and suggest you use a frontend but if you don't understand what's going on behind the scenes it can be difficult to troubleshoot.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is also the 30 second guide 60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers