VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by LordJimbo

User metadata

Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the mouse in just one axis?

Example: The Full Throttle mouse seems to be fine along the x (horizontal) axis and way too sluggish in the y (vertical) direction.

Can I change one without changing the other?

-Jim

Reply 2 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Have you tried a recent CVS build? (check the development forum for info)

I remember this happening in Full Throttle and Arena as well. Don't know if it still does or not.

Reply 3 of 7, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Due to pure coincidence, I noticed a change in the mouse code in today's CVS checkout. Someone (qbix, I guess) modified the Y-resolution for certain cases during the last few days. You should try a CVS build of today or the next one that's available. It might fix the issue.

Reply 4 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well there were a lot. but I think you refer to a change made by wd. (if(useps2callback) dy*=2;)

Although It's also possible that the positioning code changes, I made, help. (as those fixed arena)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well I think we claim to be a Microsoft mouse driver clone. version 7 or 8
DOSbox reports to have ps2 mouse although all games use the mouse driver interface so it shouldn't matter.
Only windows tries to use the ps2 interface so that has to be emulated additionally.

(quite fun actually. in a real pc. the mouse driver uses the ps2 ports or bios interface to create mouse. In dosbox it's the otherway around. 😀 )

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!