VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Murf_Oscar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have been running DOSBox successfully for some time, but after resolving an issue with Windows 10 - corruption of the single User profile corrected by creating a new profile and deleting the old - it so happened that DOSBox stopped working.

Briefly the application I run under DOSBox is GWBasic. The application resides on my C:\ drive in a folder of the same name. The DOSBox application and the Options (CFG) file have always resided in C:\DOSBox.

It appears that when I ran DOSBox for the first time under the new User profile, being a first time event DOSBox duly created a new Options file overwriting the existing. I say this because it was all default options and the [autoexec] lines were missing.

Completed the [autoexec] with the following two lines:

mount C C:\GWBasic REM Created the new C:\ drive for DOSBox
C:\GWBasic REM Loaded the GWBasic application

Confirmed these lines were identical to those in a backup copy of the earlier Options file.

What is happening is that GWBasic is loading, I can press F3 which prompts me to enter under program control the file name of my application, all of which reside in the GWBasic folder, but when I press Enter I get the message "File not found". Yet a check of the GWBasic folder confirms it is there!

On closing GWBasic the directory now appears as Z:\ whereas before it was always c:\. This suggests the mount function is not working as it has before.

Will appreciate assistance to resolve this issue

Cheers,
Murf_Oscar

Reply 1 of 4, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Z:\ is the default working directory when DOSBox starts. What you need is to change it to your mounted C:\ before launching GWBasic:

mount C C:\GWBasic
C:
GWBasic

The way you're doing it currently, it tries looking for files in Z:\ and that's also where it drops you when you exit.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 2 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No need to create a new profile. In the DOSBox Start Menu is a 'Reset Options' link. It will restore the conf file to defaults. You can also simply delete the conf file in your %LocalAppData%\DOSBox folder.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 4, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Murf_Oscar wrote:
Have been running DOSBox successfully for some time, but after resolving an issue with Windows 10 - corruption of the single Use […]
Show full quote

Have been running DOSBox successfully for some time, but after resolving an issue with Windows 10 - corruption of the single User profile corrected by creating a new profile and deleting the old - it so happened that DOSBox stopped working.

Briefly the application I run under DOSBox is GWBasic. The application resides on my C:\ drive in a folder of the same name. The DOSBox application and the Options (CFG) file have always resided in C:\DOSBox.

It appears that when I ran DOSBox for the first time under the new User profile, being a first time event DOSBox duly created a new Options file overwriting the existing. I say this because it was all default options and the [autoexec] lines were missing.

Always had mounted from command line DOSBox.exe folder/directory or within Total Commander, dunno if its correct tho. Hope this helps!!

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg