VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lukas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, I just installed DOSBox and when I switch to full screen mode it freezes - the cursor stops blinking and I can't type. When I switch back it works again. Anyone might have an idea how to fix that ? Thanks in advance. And btw. I have 64-bit win 7 if that's of any importance. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 6, by teckkev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Same OS, same problem.

The screen does not actually freeze. The image you see in full screen is stuck, but any thing you type is still entered. You can see that by switching back to window mode.

Reply 2 of 6, by teckkev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

UPDATE

I tested the issue with simple DOS games (ASCII Empire, Bards Tale, Scorched Earth) and the issue still continues. My settings for DosBox are default as to the video. Only changes made was the keyboard to us103 and the autoexec. \This is a fresh install downloaded from the official DosBox site. I did try to start in full screen with same issue. I try to start a game then go full screen with same issue. I am eager and excited to get this fullscreen fixed 😀 My keyboard issue I can live with (so far).

Thanks,
teckkev

Reply 3 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
teckkev wrote:

I am eager and excited to get this fullscreen fixed

So eager you can't bother to look at the readme? 😒

DOSBox crashes right after starting it:

use different values for the output= entry in your DOSBox configuration file
try to update your graphics card driver and DirectX

Reply 4 of 6, by teckkev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
teckkev wrote:

I am eager and excited to get this fullscreen fixed

So eager you can't bother to look at the readme? 😒

DOSBox crashes right after starting it:

use different values for the output= entry in your DOSBox configuration file
try to update your graphics card driver and DirectX

I did read the Readme.. what did I miss? I read it again after your post. I also took the time and went through pages of threads to find anything similar to my issue (this thread was an exact match to my issue). Not sure why you would reply with the readme unless I did miss something, but I would think you would point me to the section in the readme that I missed. I know how to enter/exit full screen.. that is all I really saw to full screen. My PC hardware and windows has all the updates as we speak. I am using Windows 7 (64). My PC is a HP Touchsmart 520 with Touchscreen currently off. Need any other info, let me know. In window mode, DosBox works perfectly and the games are working perfectly.

Thanks,
teckkev

Reply 5 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
teckkev wrote:

I would think you would point me to the section in the readme that I missed.

Like by putting a quote from the readme in my post?

Okay... What part of "use different values for the output= entry in your DOSBox configuration file" do you not understand?

Reply 6 of 6, by teckkev

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You are absolutely right... a real Duh moment on me 😀 Now I understand your post.. section on system crashes, try different output. ddraw fixed it, thanks and sorry I didn't understand your message. I saw that option earlier and was going to use ddraw, but figured I'll leave settings alone unless directed to do so. Thanks for your help and sorry for being stupid 😀

teckkev