VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SKOLROK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm really new to the forums, so please be nice. I have been using a really weak computer and acquired files for daggerfall and I believe I should be able to play them on this Hp Pavillion xt963 (poop ram). The problem is I need DOSbox to install them as a game.

So, the big problem I am running into is the DOSbox website seems broken and I cannot download DOSbox. I do not want front ends, just the important part (the back end). Please help me with this, I find it really frustrating.

Thankyou,
SKOLROK

Reply 2 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm sure there must be hundreds of other sites out there hosting a download for DOSBox which can be found with Google. There is also a nice preconfigured package called "daggerfallsetup" which includes DOSBox and will save you the trouble of having to configure DOSBox yourself.

But anyway, the website is also working for me too.

Reply 4 of 6, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Clear browser cache, try different browsers, change DNS servers (if using ISP DNS, change to Google DNS). Just a few things to try.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 6, by SKOLROK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thankyou for the replies. I went to my local library and chrome downloaded it just fine. The computer I have at home, the hp pavillion only cooperates with the preinstalled winXP-locked Internet Explorer. Most of today's websites run programs beyond it's capabilities.Firefox would install but freeze way too much on it. I have the file now, I'll just transfer it on a portable device.

Thanks,
SKOLROK