VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Brackus2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a version of warcraft 2 I have been playing on/off for a few months. It runs flawlessly (other than insanely high scrolling speeds). I have played thru the first 2 campaigns, on multiple computers, with no problems.

Last night I went to start playing the 2nd campaigns (beyond the dark portal). When I tried to run it, it claimed I needed the cd in the computer. I searched online for a while last night, tweaking some things like letter drives, stuff like that. I think I eventually reinstalled it from the install file, this remade the Dosbox file and left the proper file path for the cd's to mount. Eventually, I had it working last night and was playing away. I even had access to a savegame file that my brother had made a few months back, on a different computer.

Today, i load it up again, and its not working. I can play tides of darkness just fine, but the expansion, beyond the dark portal, is now asking me for a cd. Also, my save game file from last night, as well as my brothers old save game file, are no longer available when i try to 'load'.

Here is the code line that the installer makes for dosbox: @mount c .\games\
imgmount d ".\games\WarcrafD\cd\WC2TOD.cue" ".\games\WarcrafD\cd\WC2BTDP.cue" -t cdrom

Now, thats not the actual folder, the actual folder is c:\games\Warcraft II (1995)\games\WarcrafD\cd\WC2BTDP.cue however, i did copy the entire folder, and put that copy in my c:/games folder, just incase.

I use daemon tools to mount, and have the expansion mounted currently as drive J:

I am not sure really what I am missing, darn things been working for so long, got the expansion to work last night (wish i knew exactly what i did that did it) but after a computer restart, this morning, I seem unable to figure it out.

If anyone has any tips on this, or maybe some nice info so I can read more up on this issue myself?

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Brackus2 wrote:

Here is the code line that the installer makes for dosbox

What installer are you talking about? Perhaps you should inquire with whoever supplied this installer for you?

imgmount d ".\games\WarcrafD\cd\WC2TOD.cue" ".\games\WarcrafD\cd\WC2BTDP.cue" -t cdrom

This command mounts both WC2TOD.cue and WC2TDP.cue. You toggle between them by pressing CTRL-F4.

I use daemon tools to mount, and have the expansion mounted currently as drive J:

I have no idea why you are doing that.

Reply 2 of 3, by Brackus2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it actually just says: Warcraft II (1995).exe i guess thats the 'installer' to which i was referring. It basically just unpacks everything into whatever folder I say, and sets up the dosbox command file to run the game from the folder it installs to I believe...

Your 2nd tip was pro, I forgot I had pressed that last night, among the things I tried to fix the issue. Didnt realize that was the key I was missing, tried it just now, and it worked perfectly, thank you so much!

As to the last point, that was mostly just due to me trying to fix the issue myself last night, some ppl had talked about mounting it yourself, and running the game myself with my own commands entered. Im certainly no pro, but I do try to figure things out myself before enlisting the help of someone who possibly knows more on the issue, not a pride thing, I just dont like wasting peoples time if its something I can do myself. Again, thanks for taking the time to review my problem, and respond, especially with the correct solution.

Brackus