VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tested today DOSBox on a HP EliteDisplay E242 monitor with the scanlines. What I don't like is that these scanlines are totally black. Is there any option to have adjustable scanline color or transparency? Here is a screenshot from Commander Keen 3 using the scanlines that DOSBox currently support. You can right click the image to view it.

I'm not also sure if the aspect ratio setting work correctly in the DOSBox text mode because there are no black borders on left and right side when in text mode.

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=true
fullresolution=1920x1200
windowresolution=original
output=ddraw
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true

[dosbox]
# language: Select another language file.
# machine: The type of machine tries to emulate.
# Possible values: hercules, cga, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe.
# captures: Directory where things like wave, midi, screenshot get captured.
# memsize: Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
# This value is best left at its default to avoid problems with some games,
# though few games might require a higher value.
# There is generally no speed advantage when raising this value.

language=
machine=svga_s3
captures=capture
memsize=16

[render]
# frameskip: How many frames DOSBox skips before drawing one.
# aspect: Do aspect correction, if your output method doesn't support scaling this can slow things down!.
# scaler: Scaler used to enlarge/enhance low resolution modes.
# If 'forced' is appended, then the scaler will be used even if the result might not be desired.
# Possible values: none, normal2x, normal3x, advmame2x, advmame3x, advinterp2x, advinterp3x, hq2x, hq3x, 2xsai, super2xsai, supereagle, tv2x, tv3x, rgb2x, rgb3x, scan2x, scan3x.

frameskip=0
aspect=true
scaler=scan3x

pNsWgMG.gif

Reply 1 of 2, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some time ago, i moddify the Dosbox sourcecode, to add non totally black scanlines, because the tv2x was not a very nice effect

I only care for EGA games, since VGA games have doublescan, and scanlines are so thin is not necessary to emulate from ym point of view

I have a real EGA screen, and compare my VGA screen with this scanlines vs real EGA at 50cm distance from monitor, looks almost same. Im very happy

This is something you are looking for? for sure in TFT you can do something similar with shaders in ykhwong build http://ykhwong.x-y.net/

For example Goldexn Axe

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg