VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Rob Shafer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all, I just started with this so nothing is set up. I'm using DosBox to run an old 1986 database, I need it on my laptop to be able to do some office work on vacation. windows has run it up till win 7. I need to print records, list, etc out of the program so I can email them as word docs. The trouble is windows cant recognize the mounted drive letter and dosbox cant recognize c: So my question is how do I find files in dosbox with windows and or how to I get files out of dosbox to windows. Thanks so much

Rob

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

1. Dosbox questions belong in the Dosbox forums.

2. *normally* you mount a folder on your computer with Dosbox as C, so everything in Dosbox is actually already in a folder on your Windows system.
Unless you are mounting a hard drive image but I doubt you do that.

So, best tell us, step for step, what you are doing so we can help you along the way.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 3, by Rob Shafer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok sorry for the mis post. I thought one of the first things I read was "don't put it in c:" anyway. I need from windows to see the files in mounted drive? or I need to be able to print or copy records to C: out of dosbox

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can use a non-system folder on your C: drive for your emulated DOSBox C:, but don't mount the entire actual drive.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers