VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by franck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
Is there something special to do to use a third and forth USB with DOSBOX ?
It's working fine for the two first USB Joypads, but my mapping referring "stick_2" and "stick_3" in mapper-SVN.map doesn't seem to work...

Reply 1 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I don't think you can have more than two joysticks.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Indeed, what program could you be trying to run in DOSBox that uses more than two controllers? Or are you trying to map the inputs to different parts of the keyboard?

Reply 3 of 7, by franck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

Indeed, what program could you be trying to run in DOSBox that uses more than two controllers? Or are you trying to map the inputs to different parts of the keyboard?

Mrboom: you can map up to 8 players on 1 keyboard with this bomberman clone.

Reply 5 of 7, by franck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

We can create ports of games using DOSBOX in RetroPie for the Raspberry pi, that would be able to use pads "Out of the box", by pre-configuring the keyboard mapping.

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
franck wrote:

We can create ports of games using DOSBOX

While you might have a point for Mrboom, anything that can be ported in such a fashion would probably be better off being recompiled to run on the Raspberry Pi without having to use DOSBox.

Reply 7 of 7, by franck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
franck wrote:

We can create ports of games using DOSBOX

While you might have a point for Mrboom, anything that can be ported in such a fashion would probably be better off being recompiled to run on the Raspberry Pi without having to use DOSBox.

RetroPie are calling "ports" some kind of download/packaging/configuration system.
To get Mrboom working inside the DOSBox section of RetroPie, I needed to run the game in setup mode to configure the GUS (and to turn it on in the DosBOX config), then I had to configure the mapping between the pads and the game inputs.

The "port" section in RetroPie is a list of games recompiled or using various simulators where you get everything the right configuration for the Raspberry pi directly.