VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cwhite44

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using DosBox Megabuild6, with Q&A (a dos database program), which worked fine up until last week. I'm assuming the Microsoft automatic updates broke something but I'm not sure. When I print, the first page comes out fine but the second page never starts. This is what I see (see attached)

Capture.JPG
Filename
Capture.JPG
File size
70.45 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Just to warn you that not much probably comes from this. Unofficial builds are not supported here and MB6 is ancient...
But AFAIR you need some additional software installed on your Windows machine, upgrading that might help. Generally going through every step you once did to set this up might solve your problem.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cwhite44 wrote:

I'm assuming the Microsoft automatic updates broke something but I'm not sure.

Are you using Windows 10? The "Anniversary Update" has been causing trouble for tons of people.

Reinstalling WinPcap sounds like a good start.

Reply 4 of 9, by cwhite44

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Capture.JPG
Filename
Capture.JPG
File size
128.36 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I installed winpcap 4.1.3 and here is the new result. it doesn't repeat the error like it used to. it still only prints the first page. I have a hp laserjet p3005 that prints fine. the problem only happens on my hp laserjet 1022

Reply 5 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cwhite44 wrote:

I'm using DosBox Megabuild6, with Q&A (a dos database program), which worked fine up until last week.

Did someone else set this up for you the first time? Because it looks like your DOSBox.conf settings are still incorrect and I don't think this would ever have worked unless something substantial changed.

I was going to direct you to http://home.arcor.de/h-a-l-9000/ne2kstuff/db_ne2000.html , but I guess you're printing to the emulated parallel port?

Reply 8 of 9, by cwhite44

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried vDos. The screen resolution is better, the report-print time is greatly improved. The unexpected problem is that printing a Q&A Report does not handle number fields, only text.
If the number fields are changed to text in redesign a file, the calculated results will print as numbers; but totals of the numbers (actually text) will not be available.