VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by hazard94

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS on a netbook. I want to build DOSBox SVN:DAUM. I know I can directly install DOSBox through 'apt-get install dosbox' but I need the daum.

I've downloaded the source of daum and followed carefully step by step the "INSTALL_SVN.txt". Everything went perfect except for the last step, when compiling dosbox itself.

When I execute

./configure --enable-core-inline && make

An error shows up.

[.......] checking for sys/mman.h... yes checking for mprotect... yes checking for setpriority support... yes checking for PHYSF […]
Show full quote

[.......]
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for mprotect... yes
checking for setpriority support... yes
checking for PHYSFS_init in -lphysfs... yes
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
.in'ig.status: error: cannot find input file: `

I didn't copy the whole output to keep it short. If you need it or need more details on something I will post them.
I searched the internet a lot but cannot find anything relevant.

I've followed the instructions perfectly and there were no errors before.
Thank you in advance

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Open config.log to see where the error occured. Latest Daum was broken, btw, I wouldn't recommend that anymore.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 5, by hazard94

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for replying. i checked the config.log and I can see it shows some errors but I can't understand where they actually happened.
However, what do you mean it was broken? Should I stop trying to build it? I couldn't find any source code to older versions.

Here is the config.log file I attached

Attachments

• Filename
    config.log
    File size
    64.01 KiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Some things in Daum were btoken (not the building). Depending on what you actualky want it for, building lock stock dosbox svn or dosbox-x might be more useful.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Can't figure out what's wrong from the config.log as well. Might be SDL-Sound related.