VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello!

I am using dosbox with linux specifically KDE. When exiting a full screen dos game using dosbox any windows that are open before running dosbox are not in the same position as before running dosbox in full screen.
For example if i have my home folder open in the center of the screen after exiting dosbox the open window has been thrust to the right hand side.
It's not a major bug but just a niggling thing that seems to happen with just dosbox and no other programs that require full screen

Reply 1 of 1, by NY00123

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Such glitches may occur when display modes are changed. Using the desktop resolution is a solution.

Which version of DOSBox are you running? 0.74? In such a case, you should find this configuration file: ~/.dosbox/dosbox-0.74.conf. Open it with a text editor and change the "fullresolution" value to the desktop resolution (which, in my case, is 1920x1080). Afterwards, restart DOSBox.

If you're using a recent SVN build, the file to edit is ~/.dosbox/dosbox-SVN.conf and you may simply set the "fullresolution" value to "desktop" i.e., write "fullresolution=desktop".