VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by observingman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm trying to use this technique to be able to swap diskettes on the fly with dosbox : imdisk virtual disk driver

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/TOOLS:ImDisk_Virtual_Disk_Driver

But when I try to access the diskette from dosbox it always says:

General failure reading drive A
Abort, Retry, Fail?

* NOTE: IT WORKS IF I DON'T BOOT FROM C AFTER MOUNTING A: (with the line 'boot -l c'), but I want that boot command because I want to have config.sys working.

The diskette is mounted ok on windows 8.1, and I mount it in dosbox config file with this line:
mount a a:\ -t floppy

the following lines on the config are for mounting the hd image and boot from it:
imgmount c C:\DOS\!img\2gb1.img
boot -l c

What is causing dosbox to be unable to read the a: diskette ?

Instead of this technique, is there ANOTHER way to swap files online with dosbox ? OR can I make it work with imdisk ?

I don't want to use something like
boot C:\DOS\!img\dos622\Dos6221.img C:\DOS\!img\dos622\Dos6222.img C:\DOS\!img\dos622\Dos6223.img
since it is only for boot and it would allow me to swap diskettes with ctrl+f4 , but ONLY those three images

You know, I just wanna swap diskette images just like in the pc emulator "pc em", where you just change the img attached to the drive... Or in similar Way... Any frontend for dosbox implements this ? Any alternative build ? I've tried 0.74 and the megabuild editions with no luck.

Thanks in advance !

Reply 1 of 1, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

MOUNTed drives cannot be used after booting. Rather than using ImDisk, you have to IMGMOUNT the floppy images in DOSBox. Also, you'll probably need to use a vanilla SVN build of DOSBox because 0.74 does not support mounting multiple floppy images.