VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jupi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have to say I am not happy about the way the conf file is hidden away in windows on the recent versions of dosbox. This is just awful because I have to search for this thing every time I edit something and it takes forever. And the conf file I edit through the menu is not the right one somehow.

That out of the way, I am trying to make a batch file for each game to make them run properly instead of fiddling with this thing all the time.

This is the one for sim city 2000

mixer master 10
cycles = 7000
windowresolution=1600x1200
sc2000

Everything works but the resolution. Is there some way to make the resolution change once the window is started?!

If not is there a way to source a separate conf file for each game? I don't want to use an front end to dosbox though.

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jupi wrote:

I have to say I am not happy about the way the conf file is hidden away in windows on the recent versions of dosbox. This is just awful because I have to search for this thing every time I edit something and it takes forever. And the conf file I edit through the menu is not the right one somehow.

I don't see how you can say that the conf file is "hidden away" if it's also right there in the Start menu. If the one you "edit through the menu is not the right one somehow", well, then you should figure out how it got changed "somehow". You can see which .conf file DOSBox is using in the terminal window that starts with the main DOSBox window.

I should add that if typing "C:\Users\whatever\AppData\Local\DOSBox" is too much trouble for you, you can also type "%localappdata%\DOSBox".

Is there some way to make the resolution change once the window is started?!

I don't think so, no.

If not is there a way to source a separate conf file for each game?

This is described near the bottom of the 60 Seconds Guide.

Reply 2 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you installed it, then in the DOSBox entry in your start menu click "DOSBox 0.74 Options". Or form the run box just type "%localappdata%\DOSBox"

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 3, by osmanvielma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is a really good question.

And i will just say it again in different ways so Google can find it faster.

I took me a while to get here.

Is it possible to change resolution from within DOSBox?

Is it possible to change resolution from a batch file within DOSBox?

Is it possible to change DOSBox resolution from command line?

The answers to these and other questions being no, no and no.

Thank you.

(I´m having trouble with Settlers game. First it opens up a screen-size of 320x200 to play the intro, then it switches to another EXE file that runs the game on a 360x240. I was thinking about making a batch file which switches resolution from 640x400 to 720x480, but maybe it´s not possible.)

Cheers. Have a good night.