First post, by ignatius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the following shell script:

-----
#!/bin/bash
export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dummy
dosbox -noconsole -c "mount c /" -c "c:" -c "cd \\home\\imp\\imp\\" -c "imp-mail toss" -c "set FIDOCONFIG=c:\\home\\imp\\hpt\\config\\config" -c "hpt toss" -c "exit"
dosbox -noconsole -c "mount c /" -c "c:" -c "cd \\home\\imp\\imp\\" -c "imp-mail scan" -c "set FIDOCONFIG=c:\\home\\imp\\hpt\\config\\config" -c "hpt pack scan" -c "exit"
rm /home/imp/hpt/flags/hpt.lock
/home/imp/hpt/hpt toss
/home/imp/hpt/hpt pack scan
/usr/bin/cp /home/imp/imp/data/boards.dos /home/imp/imp/data/boards.dat
dosbox.old -noconsole -c "mount c /" -c "c:" -c "path=c:\\home\\imp\\imp" -c "cd \\home\\imp\\imp\\" -c "imp-mail purge" -c "exit"
/usr/bin/cp /home/imp/imp/data/boards.lin /home/imp/imp/data/boards.dat
----
The problem is that it only successfuly runs all of the commands when I use DOSBox in "GUI mode." I've tried and tried to get it working in "noconsole mode," but i've had no success so far.
I'm using the DOSBox version with LFN and mouse cut/paste capabilities (dosbox), and standard DOSBox (dosbox.old).. Could anyone possibly shed some light on this? In case you're wondering, this is for my BBS, for tossing and scanning echomail to FidoNet and other FTN like networks.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It might be a good idea to link to your previous thread on the subject to avoid repetition.
DOSBox console mode.

According to the DOSBox readme, the "noconsole" switch has no use under Linux. (You see, in the Windows port, DOSBox automatically spawns its own console window unless you use that switch; the Linux port just uses stdout.) Are you suggesting that you get different results depending on whether you include "-noconsole" ?

Reply 2 of 3, by ignatius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

It might be a good idea to link to your previous thread on the subject to avoid repetition.
DOSBox console mode.

According to the DOSBox readme, the "noconsole" switch has no use under Linux. (You see, in the Windows port, DOSBox automatically spawns its own console window unless you use that switch; the Linux port just uses stdout.) Are you suggesting that you get different results depending on whether you include "-noconsole" ?

Correct. I have to manually enter the commands (in the shell script) into the DOSBox prompt in order for them to work.