VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Whenever I play any game in DOSBox, no matter how new or old, the sound "skips". At first I thought this was just a problem with the emulation speed, but I just discovered that when I put something on top of the DOSBox window the sound plays fine. Some more experimentation and I have found that the sound only plays fine whenever the image on my screen (the entire screen, not just the DOSBox window- not including mouse movement or text entry) does not change at all between frames.

Increasing the CPU cycles seems to have no effect on anything including CPU usage in the task manager (which stays around 70-90% no matter what I set it to- including 1 cycle). What can I do to fix this?

The current game is Veil of Darkness, my comp is Athlon 1.3GHz, 512MB RAM, Windows XP.

Reply 3 of 6, by oldbushie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I updated sdl.dll to the most recent version, that helped a lot. 😀 I think I still had trouble on occasion, but when the output is OpenGL I get no sound problems. Now to get KQ5 working... 😉

Thanks! I was having trouble with the same problem and those suggestions worked great. 😀