VOGONS

Common searches

Is DOSBox Daum dead?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Phobos Anomaly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Last update was Jan 25 2015. Has Taewoong stopped working on it completely? 🙁

Reply 7 of 37, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You can find the patches for those and build DOSBox with these patches on your own. It's not THAT difficult, you will learn a lot and you are free from the whim's of someone else who might no longer cater your needs.
But why don't you just continue using an old Daum built (just don't use the last one, that one was broken in places)?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 37, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't get the point of having synthesizers built internally (except on phones due to platform limitations). Running Munt or Fluidsynth as a MIDI service on your computer is not hard.

Last edited by gdjacobs on 2017-01-08, 22:59. Edited 1 time in total.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 9 of 37, by Phobos Anomaly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

You can find the patches for those and build DOSBox with these patches on your own. It's not THAT difficult, you will learn a lot and you are free from the whim's of someone else who might no longer cater your needs.
But why don't you just continue using an old Daum built (just don't use the last one, that one was broken in places)?

Is the second latest good then?

Reply 11 of 37, by Asterisk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gdjacobs wrote:

I don't get the point of having synthesizers built internally (except on phones due to platform limitations). Running Munt or Fluidsynth as a MIDI service on your computer is not hard.

There's one major benefit: with the synth integrated into DOSBox, the MT-32 or GM music is included in the audio stream of captured video, which is a lot more convenient than dumping the audio stream to a separate wave file via external tools and then manually muxing it back together with the video, hoping that you've got it synced properly.

Reply 17 of 37, by AJN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Phobos Anomaly wrote:

What can I replace it with? 0.74 is too old and lacks features only Daum has.

DOSBox-X looks good to me. OpenGL seems to be broken in the latest official binary build (which is almost two years old), but they are still working on it. You can try to compile it yourself:
https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x

There's an updated binary where OpenGL is fixed (don't know if this is included in the latest official source):
DOSBox-X branch
Works for me, I can set custom window resolutions now, but they only work in OpenGL (OpenGL_HQ is still broken).