VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by videogamer555

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got Windows 3.1 running in DOSBox, and would like to be able to use alt-tab to switch between running applications within Windows. There's one problem though. When I do alt-tab in DOSBox, my real computer (not the emulated PC in DOSBox) captures the alt-tab keys, and switches away DOSBox to some other running program like Firefox. How do I send alt-tab into DOSBox, so that the DOSBox does NOT get switched away, and instead the emulated copy of Windows sees the alt-tab keypress and switches windows within the emulated copy of Windows 3.1?

I'm having the same problem with alt-enter. Instead of the program running within Win 3.1 within DOSBox getting made to fill the emulated screen or go back to a window, DOSBox itself is made to fill my real screen or go back to a window.

A lot of other PC emulators like VIrtualBox seem to be able to capture all the key presses you do (even the ones that would normally have an effect on the host operating system) and prevent them from reaching the host operating system, and instead redirects them all to the guest operating system (the one running in the emulator). I believe this is called "keyboard capature". Is there any way to do this in DOSBox? If not, is it being considered for a feature in newer versions of DOSBox?

Reply 3 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
videogamer555 wrote:
lightmaster wrote:

Configure the mapper

How do you do that?

http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.html#KeyMapper

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers