VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mr. A

User metadata

DosBox 0.61 works great exept for the mouse.
Don't get me wrong, it works. But what happens is this:

Imagene you start with the cursor i the middle of the screen. Then you move it in a straight line towards the left, until the cursor is halfway there. Then you stop. The cursor also stops. So far, so good. But then you start moving your mouse to the right. The cursor continues to the left. It goes all the way to the left edge of the screen before starting to move rigt. And to pull it a bit furter: When the cursor then get to the middle, and let's say you start to move up. the cursor vil continue all the way to the right edge before it starts to move up.

And during all of this, when you stop moving your mouse, the cursor stops.

So the problem seems to be that the cursor dosn't complete the mouse movement, it only does half, and then store the rest of the movement for the next time the mouse moves. And so this only get's worse troughout.

Using [CTRL]+[F10] to release and relock the mouse has no effect.

Reply 5 of 6, by MMoudry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I had the same problem in Battle Chess 2000. The mouse was not in sync with the actual game. The cursor moved fine but the squares that were highlighted were gradually lagging behind the position of the cursor as you moved it to the edge of the screen. No idea on why. My cursor works fine for all other games.

Mipam Moudry
Software Architect
Lausanne, Switzerland